Monday, February 20, 2017

Round the Bend

 I bought a book for using wedge templates at Sisters last year. It was a challenge for me to design a quilt out of circles. I'm not that great at math, and man, it was definitely required.


I found that the Temecula quilt shop that I visited with my mother had moved to Stanwood. What are the odds? She had many of these grey fabrics.


Pay no attention to the basted thread running around the edges of each circle. It was there for needle turn applique and I will remove it when it's on the longarm.



I submitted this one to Sisters and when I found it, two young women were having their picture taken in front of it. That made my heart happy.


One more note: Making this quilt was made exceptionally hard due to the cover fabric I used on my ironing board.

No comments: