Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Slideshow Quilts

I love switching from difficult to easy patterns. It's fun to have many quilts in different stages of completion. Some days I walk downstairs and am in the mood to finish something. Other days I want to hand-stitch a binding or applique a bird.

Atkinson Designs created the Slide Show quilt pattern for those easy quilts.


Really best for large prints and complete fabric lines, Slide Show is quick to whip up. And all your extras can go into the border and the back.


My idea on the quilting was raindrops.


I picked up these batiks in Alaska on our inside passage cruise. I love the whales and indigenous designs. Skagway has a population of 1,200 and three amazing quilt/yarn shops.


These two quilts are from the very same pattern. Very different quilts.

No comments: