Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Tula Pink Butterfly

 My friend Sharon and I decided to make our own Tula Pink Butterfly. I love making quilts with friends. She would come over and we would cut or sew together.


I wish I had a picture of Sharon's version. It was difficult to set all the pieces just right (symmetry) without twisting a block 90 degrees. 


I decided to add Asian elements to the quilting because there was a lot of negative space.


This was a perfect quilt for stash use. I'm a big fan of sampler quilts with an overall design.


I decided to show this quilt in a Salt Lake machine quilting show. I prefer large quilts for shows.




This is Tula Pink's own butterfly I found at Sisters. I love the ombre effect.


Later I decide to show it at Sisters, Oregon and it sold. Wilma and I had driven down to enjoy the classes and show. It was a delight to spend time with her. Here she is looking up close.




No comments: