Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Leftover Bits

 After making a Vintage Spin quilt, there are leftover pieces. What to do? Well, you need to design a quilt. I used Jenny Pedigo's Quick Curve Ruler to make the pieces uniform. Then I pieces them together with a curved seam--no applique required. Here I am at Sisters trying to hold it to the wall with heavy winds blowing.


My friend Cathy designed her leftovers this way. I absolutely love it. 


Freddy Moran says that black and white prints are neutrals, so that's what I used. The quilt became a huge monster. How I love improv piecing!


The quilt sold at Sisters or I would have grabbed more pictures.


Here is the process: First, you would cut down your circles into squares.


Then you piece a pair of leftovers into a melon shape.


I used a Quick Curve Ruler to trim each block to the same size.


Then use the ruler to cut two background pieces with the same curved angle.


Stitch the other side on and square it up.


Easy Peasy. Rice and Cheesy.











No comments: