Sunday, February 14, 2016

Bonnie Arrives!

 Howard and Pam welcomed Bonnie into the world at the beginning of the month. I couldn't get away until Valentine's Day, when the temple went on a 2-week cleaning closure. I decided to drive to Ellensburg after work and stay in a hotel by myself. This was something I had never done. The next morning I would continue the rest of the 8 hours to see Bonnie.


I was incredibly nervous due to the weather. Snow was really falling at Dead Man's Pass. But when I crested the pass, it was all clear on the roads and it was smooth sailing into St. Anthony.


I took this picture as soon as I arrived. Valentine's Day and all wrapped up in pink! I had a few babies in snowy weather and it is a little unnerving. Is it warm enough? Will I slip and fall outside? It all went well and I really enjoyed my visit.


On the way home, I ran into some really scary weather. But I had to keep going. We were flying out in the morning to San Diego to visit my parents. I said many prayers and sang my way through it. Even Snoqualmie Pass was doable. I had never driven more than 2 hours by myself . Funny what you will do for grandchildren.

No comments: