Monday, April 16, 2018

I'm on the Cover of a Magazine!

 On the way to Rexburg I got a phone call from Dodi Poulsen in Poulsbo. We have a common friend, Jen Bay, whose father-in-law was Paul's mission president ages ago. Anyway, she wanted me to do some quilting for her that would go in a magazine. How exciting. 

There were two in this batch. She explained that magazines require quilt submissions to be more on the beginner side of the scale. At times she has had to dumb down patterns and designs to suit them.


Unfortunately, when I got to the bottom of the quilt I realized something was terribly wrong. I had to unstitch my quilting and then unstitch the turned block on the right corner and restitch it back together. That was the second time I'd done that for a client. It actually doesn't take that long to do. There are deadlines to meet!


Now that looks a lot better. I hope I get to work with Dodi again. She has been designing fabric for Riley Blake and is very busy.






No comments: