Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Sugar Rush

 Online this quilt pattern is simply called X plus and there are plenty of blogs to give instruction. I loved it because I enjoy different scale within the quilt. The big blocks are 24" squares. That means it takes 4 of the 12" blocks to fill that space. Everyone I did here was improv. 


A design wall is essential for this kind of work. This is a monster 90" x 90" quilt. I switched these blocked around many times before I liked the setting. You might notice that the above picture and the below picture are turned 90 degrees. Does it matter? No.




Due to the nature of piecing and cutting away (especially with the 24" blocks) a lot of leftover pieces are created. So I made another quilt. No pattern was needed. Everything was a 3" half-square triangle.


Again, a design wall is essential.


Two for one!

No comments: