Sunday, June 25, 2017

Vocal Ensemble

 One of my friends posted this picture from high school on her facebook page the other day. Our group was called Vocal Ensemble. Those blue sequined tops were very shiny, maybe to distract from our singing. San Pasqual High School wasn't known for its musical ability. Or sports, really. Unless you count surfing. I'm on the far left, squinting into the sun.


Dena in the middle was really the only great singer among us. And I think we must be missing a young woman because there were 4 on each SATB part. Eric, the blondest of us all, is currently an associate professor of chemistry at BYU. When I looked up his faculty listing, I noticed he was wearing a bow tie in his picture. That's how I remember him.


Dena and I at the 1987 Music Awards banquet. Good times.




No comments: