Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Trip to California

 We decided to drive down the coast and visit friends and family in a slow motion kind of way. Our first stop was in Medford, Oregon, which made for a long day of driving. The next morning we got up and drove past San Francisco and to San Simeon, south of Big Sur, to stay at a hotel. It was perfect weather.


I don't remember every being in this area of California. It is much more rural than San Diego beaches. Although Hearst Castle is nearby, we decided to skip it. We had people to see. Down the coast was Becky who has been living in Santa Maria. I was so excited to see her and her daughter. It has been far too long since we've lived near each other. 

After our short visit, we drove to the Los Angeles Temple. We had planned on the 6pm session. Luckily, there is a visitors' center in the back of the property where we could change into nicer clothes.


This is where we were married so it is a special place for us.


The visitors' center is new. This used to be patron housing for overnight stays. We stayed here when Tad was married.


I love the size of the Los Angeles Temple. Since it had been 30 years since we were inside, I wondered if I remembered some details correctly. Some I did, but I still was turned around in some rooms.


From here we found an In-n-Out Burger which had a hideous line, and bought dinner. We went across the city to Anaheim to find our hotel. I am always surprised by LA traffic. Just astonishing.

No comments: