Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Quilt Photos

It's been years since I was able to take a good picture. I had a good camera, but all the hanging and the lighting is a pain to set up. So I put together my own little photo session.




Pattern from: Meadowbrook Quilts: 12 Projects Inspired by Nature. I created this using freezer paper patterns in three sizes. During General Conference I turned the edges under with Roxanne's glue baste-it. Then I took them to the machine and used monofilament and a tiny zig-zag machine to stitch them to background fabric. I love working with batiks because they don't stretch out of shape.






Pattern: Hip to Be Square. I didn't need this pattern, but just looked at the design and made it. These are all fabrics I have hand-dyed myself. I quilted it to death and gave it to my sister, Jerri.




Pattern: Eleanor Burns' Grandmother's Garden Quilt. Using lots of different appliqué techniques, it features 3-D flowers using batik fabrics. Some of the flowers are even stuffed with batting.

No comments: