Tuesday, May 1, 2018

YaYas plus Sujata

 We were happy to invite Sujata Shah to our YaYa group today in Mount Vernon. It was a day for show and tell because many of us had finished quilts recently. I also had finished a few for fellow quilters.

Here is Cathy's New Hexagon Millefiori, all bound and finished. I quilted this one, just as I am working on finishing my own version. 


I love how Cathy curved these edges. It just makes sense with the shape of the melons.


Merry made this beautiful quilt for a Cherrywood Challenge. It was a challenge for me to quilt. I really wanted to create more circles because it was so angular.



Cathy made this bead quilt from a Sujata class, so it was a good time to show it off to her.


She decided on raw edges, and I decided on heavy lined quilting. It is a textural dream.


Here is my Island Love. Opal is the one who inspired me to make improv trees. This is pretty tame compared to her improv pieces!


And there's Sujata. She brought a wonderful log cabin piece to work on. It is enormous and she hand quilts so tightly. Check out her blog here and her books here.

No comments: