Saturday, May 26, 2018

Removing a Pond

 When we purchased our home in 1999, it had a little pond in the front yard. There was a water pump, but it wasn't working so I replaced it. We've added fish and they thrived even under the ice, but they couldn't survive the racoons. 


One time Marnie had a goldfish in a bowl in the kitchen for a long time, but when went on vacation, I put it in the pond. It became enormous. I added floating plants to keep the pond cool and safe. 


Over the years, however, it became more and more high maintenance. 


It became an eyesore, even though it was still attractive to deer, racoons, and wandering bighorn sheep.


I trimmed the yews and started taking out the stones. Then I dragged out the liner and threw it away. I realized the yews would have to go too.


Once the ground was filled, I placed flat granite stones around and filled with small rocks. I moved that old wheelbarrow in the back to the front and planted chrysanthemums.

No comments: