Thursday, December 27, 2018

Tailoring

 I don't have great tailoring skills. I prefer two dimensional sewing, not 3-D. A few weeks ago I picked up a dress form on Craigslist to help me alter Marnie's wedding dress. It was really helpful while she was in Rexburg. The last bit was the zipper. Once she returned home, I did a fitting and finally sewed the zipper in. When I took this picture, I was feeling triumphant.


I had matched the ribbon, the top edge, the bottom. It was all perfect. Until she put it on. And it broke. We were on our way to the temple for our regular shift and she was supposed to go get bridal photos. I felt so bad and Marnie was disappointed. But she trusted that I could get it done the next day. On the way to Bellevue, I did some research and found out I was not supposed to use an invisible zipper for a heavy garment.
We stopped by a JoAnns and grabbed a long white heavy duty zipper. And the next morning I sewed it up, no problem. When she tried it on, she just beamed. She will be a beautiful bridge.

No comments: