Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Octagon Shimmer

 I started Jennifer Sampou's Octagon Shimmer shortly after seeing it at Sisters last July. I have plenty of fabric, but it always helps to have our sewing group at Calico Creations, where an incredible supply of Kaffe is next door. Cinda also provides huge design walls for big quilt planning.


This is nothing like the cover quilt, but closer to my favorite colors. Here is the original from Sisters.


It doesn't even look like the same pattern, but I assure you it is.


The quilt is created with kite-shaped dark pieces with colored strips on either side to create isosceles right triangles.


A lot of planning is required since each side is a different color.


I was disappointed that shipping caused creases in the quilt, but it didn't matter because it sold anyway.

No comments: